WEDNESDAY QUIZ 100
Deja Vu All Over Again
These questions deal with things repeated repeated. This quiz was partially inspired by The Matrix, which (if you haven't seen it) has a tiny scene that explains deja vu.
For questions 1 to 10, please identify the following songs by title and artist:
1. Well I talked about it, talked about it, talked about it, talked about it...
Talk about, talk about, talk about movin'.
2. Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh baby!
3. I am goin' round and round... I am goin' round and round... I am goin' round and round... I am goin' round...
I am goin' round and round... I am goin' round and round... I am goin' round and round... I am goin' round...
4. Sock it to me... Sock it to me... Sock it to me... Sock it to me...
5. I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting... I'm still waiting...
6. jaw jaw jaw jaw jaw
7. Oh you can do it, c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon
8. Please don't be long ... Please don't you be very long... Please don't be long... Please don't be long... Don't be long... Don't be long... Don't be long (etc.)
9. Need a little time to wake up... Need a little time to wake up wake up... Need a little time to wake up...
10. Bye bye bye bye bye
11. What World War II-era song does Nog listen to over and over after he loses his leg in battle inStar Trek: Deep Space Nine?
12. Various versions of what song are played over and over again by Ms. Dinsmoor in the 1998 version of Great Expectations?
Questions 13 to 15: Shakespeare Shakespeare Shakespeare
What Shakespearean plays have the following lines:
13. words, words, words
14. die, die, die, die, die
15. kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill
(Thanks to Jonathan Harvey for questions 14 and 15).
Question 16 to 20: Causality Loops, Closed Time-Like Curves, Repeated Actions
16. What Twilight Zone episode, which takes its title from a soliloquy from Shakespeare's "Hamlet" features a man having the same nightmare over and over of his execution?
17. In what small town is Bill Murray forced to suffer through the same day over and over again?
18. In what Star Trek: The Next Generation episode does a Miranda-class ship collide with the Enterprise over and over, destroying it over and over again?
19. In what TV show do two aliens named after the moons of Mars watch a tape of a woman shooting her beau over and over again? (Playing the tape over and over ate up much airtime, allowing a low budget episode for the financially-strapped producers.)
20. What Luis Bunuel film depicts upper-class folks repeatedly trying to sit down to a meal and repeatedly thwarted?
etc., etc., etc.
21. In what movie do two characters have an argument which consists only of the word "Dude" repeated again and again?
22. What movie had a cast that included then-stars Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Phil Silvers, Terry-Thomas, Jonathan Winters, Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson, and Jim Backus?
23. What scientific humor magazine recently asked its readers to search for journal articles in which multiple authors shared the same surname? (For instance, an article in Nuclear Physics B, by A. Hasenfratz, E. Hasenfratz, and P. Hasenfratz.)
24. What did Bill Clinton do on August 17, August 28, September 2, September 4, September 9 (twice), September 11, December 11, 1998; and Feb. 12, 1999?
25. What 19th Century German philosopher once remarked that his definition of hell would be to relive his life over and over again in exactly the same way for infinity?
For answers click here. Back to previous quiz. To next quiz.
HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH? CHECK OUT THE TRIVIA ARCHIVE!
Back to Science Fiction Art
Back to Science Fiction and Humor Writing
Back to The Official Frank Wu Website homepage