The highest score was achieved by Katrina Oldenburg of New York. Congrats, Katrina.
1. Fish stick kitties.
2. "The Art of War" by Sun Tsu
5. Langston Hughes
7. Statue of Dr. Zauis (from "The Planet of the Apes")
9. "The Prince of Tides"
10. His eleventy-first
12. "Burden of Dreams"
14. "The Barefoot Executive"
16. "The Gods Must Be Crazy"
17. His nose
18. His watch
19. "Naked Lunch"
25. A foosball.
26. Peter O'Toole in "Becket" and "The Lion in Winter"
27. Glenda Jackson in "Mary, Queen of Scots" and "Elizabeth R"
28. Vanessa Redgrave. She had a cameo as Anne Boleyn in the Scofeld version, and was Thomas Moore's wife in the Hestor version.
29. "Wolf in the Fold", "Arena", "Turnabout Intruder".
30. "Arena" is based on a story by the same name and was the basis of the OL episode "Fun and Games"
31. "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"
32. Alex North
33. Nobody is listed as the Wizard. Frank Morgan is listed *only* as playing his Kansas role of "Professor Marvel", just as Margaret Hamilton is listed *only* as playing Miss Gulch, but not the Wicked Witch, etc. The only Oz role listed in the credits is Glinda, who has no Kansas counterpart. Frank Morgan also plays the guardian at the gates of the Emerald City, and the coachman of the Horse of a Different Color.
34. Actually 4. The credits and original soundtrack album include "Requiem for..", "Lux Aeterna", and "Atmospheres" all of which were heard in their original form. A piece called "Adventures" appeared in electronically altered form in the soundtrack where Bowman is in the Victorian palace room. Ligeti successfully sued Kubrick for the unauthorized use of this piece.
35. Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The answer originally posted here, Francis Coppola's "Rumble Fish", is incorrect. Jeremy Sullivan flagged this mistake. Thanks, Jeremy. Jonathan Harvey notes, though, that Mr. Cage was first set to be billed as Nicholas Coppola in "Rumble Fish", but changed his billing to avoid suggestions of nepotism.
36. "Jackie Brown" directed by Quentin Tarantino and "Out of Sight" directed by Steven Soderbergh. Keaton plays the role of Ray Nicolet.
37. Michael Keaton and Stewart Granger, respectively. Michael Keaton's full name is Michael Keaton Douglas. Granger's real name is James Lablanche Stewart.
38. Four. David Prowse was usually in the suit. James Earl Jones was the voice. When Darth was unmasked, he was played by Sebastian Shaw. Finally, during the some light saber scenes, he was played by fencing expert Bob Anderson, who is credited as "stunt double".
39. "Return of the Jedi" and "Star Wars".
40. "Psycho II" re-used the music from the original "Psycho". So will Gus Van Sant's upcoming remake. Scorcese's remake of "Cape Fear" re-used the soundtrack to the original '62 version. "It's Alive II" re-used the music from "It's Alive".
Back to the quiz.
Trivia quiz archive. To next quiz.
Back to Science Fiction Art
Back to Science Fiction and Humor Writing
Back to The Official Frank Wu Website homepage